Sunday, December 31, 2017

Lola

Lola is the girlfriend of Garcia.  Garcia is the supposed leader of a gang known as the Crenshaw Six.

What nobody really knows is that Lola is actually the brains behind the Gang.  At least that is what the back cover copy tells me.

Drawn to the book because of its cover (I know, I know, never judge a book by the cover) I thought it sounded like an interesting read.

The novel starts off at a cookout.  And I don't think I ever made it out of the first chapter. I picked it up and started reading it a number of times, but kept putting it aside.  Nothing in the opening pages of the book grabbed me and made me want to keep reading.  Men grilling. Women being catty in the kitchen.  Younger girl prowling around the men.

After a couple of weeks of false starts, I give up.

This one goes into my Did Not Finish pile.  Maybe I'll give it another chance in the year ahead.  We'll see.

No comments: