Thursday, February 1, 2018

Lullaby Road

When Ben Jones pulled into the desert with two children and a dog in his truck, I fell in love.

Lullaby Road is the sequel to another novel, The Never Open Desert Diner.  And while you do not have to have read the first novel (which I have not) to read this one I does allude to the first novel quite a bit.

Meanwhile, not having read the previous novel, I got to meet the residents of 117, and the quirky town at the end of the line, and I hope to see more of these people in future novels.

Meanwhile there is our protagonist, Ben Jones, a bad boy often in trouble with the law, but clearly with a heart of gold, taking both the baby of a friend and the child of a stranger on the road with him, just to keep them safe.

But how safe are they really?

This stretch of highway is dangerous. Death happens many times as Ben travels up and down, back and up again throughout the book. A true mystery throughout without the "sugary sweet" happy ending.

I'm looking foward to hunting down a copy of the first novel now as well.

(I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books.  All opinions ar emy own.)

No comments: