Sunday, November 16, 2014

Library Day

Once every three weeks or so we take a trip to the library.

I don't usually go in with an idea of a specific book I WANT to read.  If there is a specific book I usually put it on hold and go pick it up.  When I actually VISIT the library I go to browse.  I walk up and down aisles until I find a book whose title or cover grabs me.  Then, if the back cover sounds interesting, I bring it home to read.

Today's haul (not counting my husbands books, just mine and the boys which I will read to him) includes

Fiction

The Gates by John Connolly
The Infernals by John Connolly
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
(The book of Lost Things was the first one I picked up.  It sounded really interesting so I grabbed The Gates because it was there, then The Infernals because it is a sequel to The Gates)
Every Visible Thing by Lisa Carey
Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie

Teen Fiction

100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith
 
(Yeah, I pretty much picked this one out just because the cover had an upside down horse on it)

Children's Books

Who's In Rabbits House retold by Verna Aardema Illustrated by Diane Dillon
Curious George Learns the Alphabet by H.A. Rey
Bug Patrol by Denise Dowling Mortensen Illustrated by Cece Bell
Zak's Lunch by Margie Palatini Illustrated by Howard Fine
When the Fly Flew In by Lisa Westberg Peters illusrated by Brad Sneed

Non Fiction

200 Creative Crafts for You & Your Home Edited by Megan Hiller
Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids by The Editors of Martha Stewart Living

No comments: